Monday, June 29, 2015

I walked down to the beach.

Relaxation requires too many choices. We slept cool, I had gotten up in the middle of the night to drink water, read for a bit. My sinuses were totally clear thanks to yesterday's enforced salt water bath. I rose late - for me - after eight a.m.

It was already hot out on the deck, I wrote and read. Every time a runner went past I thought, hmn. I should do that now, before it gets too hot. But then, fuck that, I'm writing.

2011
The boy and I went out on the pier to fish for two hours. He has grown so much since we first did that. He is less antsy about actually catching the fish, he sits and we talk. He handles the rod as well as I do now, I feel less anxious helping him manage it. We relax deeper.

Also: there were dolphins. A pod of dolphins.

It's afternoon. I do not wish to wait until this evening to run. Three miles, in bare feet. I have to remember to go slow.

Distance: 3 miles
Avg Pace: 8.48
Route: Topsail Beach

Also: remember to lift your toes. Always. I just scored blisters on each of my big toes. However, I regret nothing, that was delicious.

My thigh continues to trouble me. It's my gas foot, driving several days irritated it terribly, now it just pains me constantly.

Temperature: 82°
Climate: bright and hot
Intake: banana
Hydration: yes
Stretches: yes

What's That Lyric?
Blue Monday - New Order

No comments: