Saturday, June 06, 2015

I must move fast, you understand me.

This is happening.
My doctor says, "You are totally not diabetic."

She is concerned about my sudden weight loss, but oh well, I lost it. Time to gain some back the right way and to continue upper body exercises.

This morning the family departed for Ottawa to witness a brace of matches in the Women's World Cup (Thailand v. Norway & Germany v. Côte d'Ivoire) and have left me alone. I have a summer camp to prepare for which begins Monday, and they will not return until that night.

Quite an adventure! Wish I could be with them. We will take a journey through Canada together later in the summer, longer than three days, but in the meantime I am left here with almost nothing to do. The play has opened, I am prepared for camp, my responsibilities have suddenly marrowed to basic housekeeping.

I have been left alone in the past, never very happy about it. I do not like being alone, I live to serve. If this were some prior time my biggest accomplishment for the weekend would be purchasing and eating a Family-Size bag of Doritos. This is not my goal for this particular weekend.

I have a list of simple tasks, which if in some part accomplished will add up to something like a victory. For the time being it is 7 AM on a Saturday morning, overcast and cool, and I am antsy for a run.

Also, I am totally not diabetic.

Temperature: 61°
Distance: 5.06 miles
Avg Pace: 7.20
Climate: over cast and cool ... then, sun!

No one to return home to, nothing to do. Why run so fast?

Timon opened last night, and it did not rain. There was a very nice and appreciative crowd at Coventry last night, and while the performance went off without a hitch, I am also certain that at this evening's performance in Parma Heights, no one will be having their car towed from the stage during the first twenty minutes of the performance.

Weight: 154 lbs.
From goal: -6.0

Perhaps I should get that bag of Doritos.

What's On Daddy's iPhone?
Frankly, Mr. Shankly - The Smiths

A gaunt, white goateed man, looks fiftyish, running briskly in a tight Captain America shirt, that looks cool ... right?

No comments: