Thursday, June 18, 2015

The smell of repetition.

Birthday coming up. Just saying.
Yesterday was a day off. Slept until 6:30. Wish I could say I enjoyed it, enduring a Cavaliers hangover. Our new bedroom is too bright in the morning, I have taken to wearing a blindfold if I sleep past five.

Distance: 5 miles
Avg Pace: 7.41
Route: Neighborhood Loop

Gotten gnats in my mouth before, this was the first time I got one in my eye. That was awful, wish I'd had a water bottle with me, I just closed my eye hard and eventually wept it out.

Running because you are scheduled to is very different from running because you are emotionally compelled to, and that has been a challenge. I have been slow heading out, but eventually building up steam. Also, too: humidity. My first mile was eight and a half but as you can see that picked up.

New York Road Runners Marathon Training Schedule (Moderate)
Click on to enlarge.
Here is the training schedule. I may or may not follow the detailed instructions (regular vs. easy or the dreaded fartlek) but I am happy to run the proscribed distances ... or not. If I can get one twenty mile run in before October 4 I think I'm good. I have twice failed to accomplish two before race day.

It's summer, I have a few long runs scheduled for North Carolina and Maine. Those will happen, or not. Training is happening, will happen.

Temperature: 70°
Climate: muggy and overcast
Weight:155.5 lbs. (-4.5)
Intake: fruit yogurt & granola
Hydration: yes
Stretches: sort of

My back is aching again, I need to resume my prescribed stretching exercises. It makes trying to stretch other parts of my body, my legs and so on, uncomfortable. But I try. There are a variety of moves I use but none of them terribly deep.

What's That Lyric?
Over and Over - Hot Chip

No comments: