Saturday, July 18, 2015

I run my feet hurt.

This guy.
Running six days a week suddenly seems like a lot of running, especially getting up earlier these past few days - even Saturday - in order to get it in.

Big theater weekend, saw Merchant of Venice last night, headed to see American Idiot tonight. Did some serious work preparing the boy for the context of the Shakespeare play ... American Idiot (which he's already seen) is about sex, drugs, rock and roll, nihilism and the Iraq War, but Merchant is much more insidious and troubling.

We will be traveling again and soon. As my training runs become longer and longer, I need to find some way to fit them into a traveling schedule. I'm looking forward to this, really. Can I find a good four mile path near Niagara Falls? Ten miles in Montreal? Like so many other things to plan for, I need to do research on this.

Distance: 5 miles
Avg Pace: 8.27
Route: Boulevard Loop

Bad start, I knew it would be a bad start, I didn't want to leave the house. Took me 45 minutes to get prepared. Normally it takes ten, maybe fifteen, to drink, eat, void, dress and roll out (not necessarily in that order.)

Had a headache, no idea why I had a headache. No alcohol yesterday, slept well in air-conditioned comfort. Just one of those pains that makes it hard to lift my head. I do not think I had enough water before stepping out, five miles without a planned water stop. Not good, not on a day like today.

Here is my report on Station Eleven (spoiler alert).

 
Cleveland's great for the whole family.

Temperature: 77°
Climate: bright and humid
Weight: 157.5 lbs. (-2.5)
Intake: yogurt & granola
Hydration: yes
Water break: no
Stretches: yes

What's That Lyric?
Insistor - Tapes 'n Tapes

No comments: