Thursday, July 23, 2015

You always run around breaking all the rules.

Courtesy of The Onion
Hey hey! I got profiled on the Twin Cities Marathon 20 Questions Blog!

Late nights do not pair well with early mornings. Just a fact. Lately a certain member of the family can be having a great day, and then when it comes time to rest they simply cannot, fretting over ... something, anything, really. Something that failed to happen during the day. Then comes the reassurance, the calming intervention. It can keep you up til midnight.

I don't care what else is going on or what my schedule is, staying up until midnight no longer works for me, ever, at all.

In other news, yesterday I had lunch al fresco with a former work colleague and the dome of my big bald head is a shiny, deep pink. Now that I put it that was, this former colleague was the first person to so melodiously refer to my head as my "big bald head".

Distance: 6 miles
Avg Pace: 8:08
Route: Cain Park Loop
4 Hours Scrolling Through Facebook Before Bed Referred To As ‘Winding Down’
- The Onion, 7/22/2015
The Onion still has this keen habit of just saying things you don't want to admit that are true. Last week I asked the wife to lock me out of my own Facebook account, which has been remarkably successful. However, I have also now become deeply invested in Twitter.

Temperature: 70°
Climate: humid & clammy
Weight: 158 lbs. (-2.0)
Intake: banana
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: yes
Stretches: yes

Didn't think I would make that one. Not feeling very strong at the outset, too little rest. Fitful sleep. But I got stronger as the run went on, picking up speed.

Next stop: Niagara!

What's That Lyric?
Comeback Kid - Sleigh Bells

No comments: