Friday, July 31, 2015

Martin Point Run

Michele takes the best pictures.
Considerable consumption of junk food yesterday, the way I managed to largely avoid in North Carolina. Just yesterday afternoon I was reflecting to the wife how some times Doritos feel in my mouth as nothing more than gravel when at others they have the consistency and flavor of the greatest food ever formulated. My affection for Doritos knows no bounds, except for when I curse them and all their fried abuse.

Anyway, I ate a lot of Doritos yesterday. Cheez-Its, too. Dinner, however, was absolutely remarkable, we all teamed together to create loaded carnitas tacos, complete with rice and beans and guacamole and grilled vegetables and everything.

At dusk the girl asked to go kayaking. She's very careful, if she goes out on her own she would prefer an adult at least in attendance on the dock. I asked if I could go out with her and so we did, it was between low and high tide and we headed straight out past the tip of Pa's Island and back.

We left home a week ago today, we leave Flood's Cove a week from today. Much time left to accomplish many things, or not one thing at all.

Distance: 3.5 miles
Route: Martin Point

Previously charted the trip out to the end of Martin's Point Road and back as four miles, in reality it is closer to three and a half. I would give you an accurate measure, but my phone died on the trip. She's right, I need a Garmin.

Passed one of these Down East Characters on my run today:
DOWNEAST CHARACTER: How we doing?
PENGO: Good!
DOWNEAST CHARACTER: Say, you still running since yesterday?
Temperature: 70°
Climate: bright, humid, paradisical
Intake: none
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: no
Stretches: sort of

Time for freshly baked blueberry muffins, Here's a little breakfast music:


Z practicing a Bach piece for her audition.
Posted by Michele Kosboth on Thursday, July 30, 2015

No comments: