Thursday, July 16, 2015

The road just leads to nowhere.

When you pay money for something, and then you apply it permanently to your five-figure vehicle, you are making a statement.

People with this sticker on their car (see right) aren't just saying, "I don't run."

They are saying, "Fuck you, runner."

There those who state that we live in a time of overreaching political correctness, and that people today are too easily offended.

Might I suggest that people today go to great lengths to casually offend people they don't even know.

Distance: 7 miles
Avg Pace: 8.07
Route: Forest Hills-Cain Park Loop

Temperature makes a great difference. So glad I rose early to put in this longer daily run than wait until this evening when it will be twenty degrees warmer. A brisk seven miles and I don't even feel winded.

Something about my run today felt effortless, and as a result I wasn't really listening to the MMR women in my head telling me what my pace was. My pace wasn't something I was thinking about. However, I was going about 160 bpm, which felt ideal.

Last night some friends of ours and we were watching our kids play ball on the fields in Forest Hills, and Marcie mused how odd it was to think we were just standing there, watching a game where the Rockefeller's used to stroll. That is odd to think.

I ran through this same space today, through Forest Hills, the former Rockefeller estate. Had to jog away from the pond near the pavilion as there was a fawn grazing right by the water. No idea whether mother or father was waiting in the pavilion. 

Temperature: 55°
Climate: cool!
Weight: 157.5 lbs.
Intake: energy gel
Hydration: yes
Water stop: yes
Stretches: yes
Upper Body: 160 reps

Three year old energy gel? Sure. Why not.

What's That Lyric?
New Life - Depeche Mode

No comments: