Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I trip over my shoelaces.

There is nothing wrong with my collarbone.
We've reached that time, the time when running begins to feel selfish. I hope it's a passing phase, brought on by my inability this week to run at dawn. Running in the evening, at night, is time not spent making dinner, cleaning up, spending time with the family.

It's okay. Really, it's okay. It's just tonight I'm feeling like this. We have to pack for the trip and I'm sure my wife would rather have me cook this evening, but she's told me not to worry, they support me. It's important.

So we run.

Distance: 6 miles
Avg Pace: 8:07
Route: Cain Park Loop

Delightful pre-sunset run. Not so sweaty tonight. Returning from work this afternoon I was exhausted and immediately took a forty minute nap -- which is a lot. A nap like that can render me delirious for an hour, and I guess it did. But getting out really cleared my head, and I feel much, much better.

Tomorrow is a day off! Whew.

Temperature: 75°
Climate: not as humid
Weight: 157 lbs. (-3.0)
Intake: banana, salted almonds
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: yes
Stretches: no

What's That Lyric?
Collarbone - Fujiya & Miyagi

No comments: