Sunday, July 12, 2015

MLK Twelve-Miler

Morning, Mahatma.
Pain in my right hip this morning. My right knee has been a little pained. I was concerned that running at night the other night was a mistake. My paths were very dark in places -- that is the problem with running on side streets. During the day its night, at night however the trees can make your path invisible and it is possible to misstep, hit the pavement wrong, and hurt yourself.

I have two bruised toenails on my right foot. No idea how that happened. It may have been due to my ten-mile on the beach, wearing the old shoes. I have been trying to keep my nails trim and neat.

Oh, I'm also reading a book. Like, I am in the zone reading a book that I don't want to stop reading to do anything else, like run or write or eat or anything.

Distance: 12 miles
Duration: 2:27:33
Avg Pace: 12.17
Route: Lakeview & MLK Loop

Team challenge: The boy on the bike, and I running. He remembered not to wear cotton, choosing one of his baseball jerseys. Good call.

It was another epic, this time heading through the cemetery and the Case campus onto MLK to the India Cultural Garden and back, taking time to check out Wade Chapel and the lagoon. The boy, like his mother, loves the water fowl.

We discussed the possibility of his joining me for the 20 miler on August 30. That would be a big deal for a ten year-old, but certainly possible. What an education! Though I do not have as many knowledgeable things to say to him as he does to me.

Week Four Total: 31 miles
Training To Date: 102 miles

Made up for missing last week's twelve mile run by having one today. Just worked out like that.

Temperature: 79°
Climate: overcast and humid
Weight: 156.5 lbs.
Intake: yogurt & granola
Hydration: yes
Stretches: yes
Upper Body: 100 reps

No comments: