Saturday, July 11, 2015

You're my number one guy.

Are you ready to go back to Titanic?
Boy Camp 2015 is in effect. Yesterday we went bowling, and I attended his baseball game. We had hot dogs for dinner and watched The Terminator. Oh my God, Bill Paxton is the blue-haired punk.

The wife and the girl attend a feminist retreat in Pennsylvania each July, and have done so since 2010. The boy was five at that time and a little distressed to learn mom was not only going out of town, but taking his sister to do some special thing.

I told him that if they were going to girl camp then we were having boy camp. This piqued his interest, and he asked what boy camp was. I said I wasn't sure yet, but that it probably involved bowling.

Distance: 5 miles
Avg Pace: 7.45
Route: Forest Hills Loop

This one hit the pavement and took an awesome five mile run through the park while the boy slept in after a night that also included a hard-fought ball game, in addition to a super-violent sci-fi adventure. Actually, I think he's seen worse action on SHIELD and that Terminator's R-rating is due entirely to judicious use of the f-word and Linda Hamilton's boobs.

Consensual sex, bad ... pulling the beating heat out of someone's chest, good. Let's have this discussion again.

Tomorrow I am due for a 10-mile run, having missed my long-run last weekend. We will have to make an adventure out of that. Perhaps visit Gandhi.

Temperature: 73°
Climate: bright, clear and cool-ish
Weight: 175.5 lbs.
Intake: bagel w/cream cheese
Hydration: yes
Stretches: a little

What's That Lyric?
Ready For the Floor - Hot Chip

No comments: