Monday, July 27, 2015

Montréal (two)

Piknic Electronik
Have we only been in Montreal for one day? Feels like a week. My birthday was chock a block with activity, every step of which involved walking. We are residing in the Le Plateau neighborhood and it is impossible to walk down the street without the wife and daughter wanting to step into a shop. The boy just complains about his legs hurting.

We dug some seriously deep beats at the Piknic Electronik and then an outdoor production of Twelfth Night courtesy of Repercussion Theatre. We were all very glad to get back to the apartment and to take off our shoes.

Distance: 3 miles
Avg Pace: 8:17
Route: Mount Royal

Because we are traveling internationally I have not been streaming music. This is a good thing, I wouldn't have been listening to music while running past the Niagara River anyhow. Usually it's only during races I go without music. I want to hear it all, not something I generally feel when taking my daily route.

I also become very aware of the sound of my breathing.

The wife was surprised that I would want to take a run this morning, after all the walking we did yesterday. That was exactly why I wanted to take a run this morning.

Temperature: 72°
Climate: shiny and humid
Intake: banana & yogurt
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: yes

 Good run, a little way up the mountain and back. Downhill all the way home. The five or so blocks from the apartment to the park, however, are treacherous. Québécois cyclists are just like those at home, traffic lights do not apply to them.

No comments: