Monday, July 06, 2015

I'll be back at Echo Beach some day.

Home. That was a beautiful journey, from beginning to end. One of my favorites.

Even better, we were largely packed the night before, making our departure stress-free. Yesterday morning we were drinking coffee on the deck like it was just another day, three hours later we were on the road.

Last night, the crowning achievement, watching the final of the WWC. The three of them were in Ottawa when the series began, and here we were watching the triumphant finale. The weeks peel away, and yet there is still so much summer to enjoy.

Neglected to note: Twenty-one runs in June. Far and away another record. This year is going well.

Distance: 3 miles
Avg Pace: 7.18
Route: Boulevard Loop

Flat out, at 165 BPM. I developed a cramp in my back, because, duh, my posture was for shit. Not worth going so fast. Stay upright, shorter strides.

The sun is so hot in North Carolina ... but the air is hotter here.

Temperature: 81°
Climate: hot and sweaty
Weight: 160 lbs. (-0-)
Hydration: yes
Stretches: yes

Yes! I gained weight. A whole week of drinking beer and eating fried food, I gained one pound.

What's That Lyric?
Echo Beach - Martha and the Muffins

No comments: