Tuesday, July 14, 2015

... or run away from with flailing arms.

Mornings are more challenging when my run is in the evening. Maybe this is a duh moment, but it is worth noting. Waking up with muscles and joints feeling stiff, perhaps hobbling down stairs. Not my favorite way to begin the day.

Thinking of running slower. When, as yesterday, my goal is a swift three miles, I can push it out pretty fast. Longer runs should be more leisurely ... except they are already long and there's thing to do, man. Gotta get home.

Take it easy. This is training. And it's okay.

Distance: 6 miles
Avg Pace: 7:40
Route: Cain Park Loop

When it feels good, it is hard not to run fast. This morning the wife expressed concern for me, that may injure myself if I am not careful, that I might push too far. This morning's physical complaints might support that argument, and I do not wish to inflict any permanent damage.

But I am careful, I do stretch. I have been cross-training. I eat and drink well. But I promise to be careful.

The difference between my time in New York (4:15) and Cleveland (just below 4:00) was forty-five seconds per mile. I need to break a nine-minute mile to break a four hour marathon. When the time comes, I cannot be running eight minutes miles back-to-back. I won't sustain that. I will learn, through my long runs, how to go as an easier pace.

Temperature: 72°
Climate: sweaty!
Weight: 157 lbs. (-3.0)
Intake: banana
Hydration: yes
Water break: yes
Stretches: yes
Upper Body: 80 reps

Started feeling ill between the third and fourth mile, and believed that I was hungry. But there was a water break in the park. I drank deep, and the discomfort subsided. Not hungry, thirsty! These things are important.

What's That Lyric?
Eject - Pluto Jonze

No comments: