Saturday, April 04, 2015

A big, strong Tower.

What is that smell?
On Thursday, I consumed more calories in two hours than I had in the previous two days. The outreach tour had just closed, one final morning show at a high school in Akron, and the company and I hit a local tavern for lunch. I had a cheeseburger with everything, with a beer, but judiciously avoided sampling any of the fried appetizers the rest of the guys got.

When I arrived back at the office, I discovered (to mine and everyone's delight) that one of our colleagues had created homemade crème brûlée with berries in celebration of another's birthday. Only a complete ass would have declined. It was amazing.

Not every day is a special occasion, but that day certainly was.

Temperature: 52°
Distance: 4.35 miles
Avg Pace: 7:51

And Charlie Bucket repeated, "A chocolate river!"

This is my idea of a vacation. This morning I read, wrote, edited and submitted scripts. That was all before 10 AM. We visited the farmer's market, then had lunch at Casa. I decided to visit the university library to look over copies of The Post from the year 1970 and then walked back to the house - a forty-five minute walk on a cool but not uncomfortable day which warmed up as I went.

Then I put on my new shoes, a pair of UA Charge RC. Not exactly zero drop, but very close to it. It felt refreshing to have just a bit more sole after these past three years. I will let you know how they work out. Today they felt great.

Oh, and one other really great thing. On my way down Court Street, heading for the library I stopped in at the UA store (yes, O.U. has one of those now) looking for that shirt, the one I saw first at Homecoming, but decided was too expensive. At the holidays I shared a link for it with my wife ... but Santa did not get the hint.

It was there in the shop when we got the girl a Bobcats shirt for Christmas that she had asked for and just loves. It made me want the one I wanted even more.

So, dammit, I was going to buy it today. I looked around, and sure enough, it wasn't there. A retired design. I looked through the clearance rack in the back, but to no avail. Just another missed opportunity.

Heading out I just caught this small pile of shirts - right by the front door! It was a messy pile, too, it looked sad in this small shop where everything was either neatly hung or folded and stacked. Sure enough, a half dozen of the design I was looking for, and every one of them in my size.

Half-price. Good things.

2004 Playlist
Cobrastyle - Teddybears ft. Mad Cobra
L-L-Love - Astaire
Suddenly I See - KY Tunstall
In The Waiting Line - Zero 7
Beware - Punjabi MC ft. Jay-z
Golden Touch - Razorlight
An Open Letter to NYC - Beastie Boys 
Hunting Season - Felix da Housecat
Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day

No comments: