Saturday, April 25, 2015

Asleep at the wheel.

This morning I had a scare. I had to drive a couple miles from dropping the boy off at baseball to picking the girl up at violin. It took me a while to realize my gas foot had fallen asleep.

My foot fell asleep? Driving? DIABETES!

Then I noticed a few other things. These are the 32" pants I haven't fit in for some time, but they are still snug. And I had a wallet in the back pocket of these already snug jeans. Also, I hadn't readjusted my seat since letting the boy out (it's a two-door) and was sitting a little cramped.

Took out the wallet, reclined the seat, sensation came back in my foot. Should I worry about this, or just put on looser pants?

Temperature: 46
Distance: 2.52 miles
Avg Pace: 10.16
Climate: brisk & beautiful
Weight: 160 lbs.
From Goal: -0-
Friday Alcohol Units: 1.0

The girl and I ran three laps around the block.  She has expressed interest in changing up our routes, unfortunately some of the more interesting ones involve long climbs, and she's not there yet. She laments the fact that she generally gets at least one bad cramp on each run. But three laps was a bit of a breakthrough today.

Also, there's the issue of helicopter parent-coaching. She ran twice around the block a few days ago, and that made me feel odd. I mean, hell, I did that many times at her age. But that was, you know, different.

Sigh.

No comments: