Sunday, April 05, 2015

Don't stop.

New kicks.
As we generally appear at holidays, it is extremely challenging to be in residence here and not overdo it. I have given myself a pass, but not complete carte blanche, having the chips with guacamole, yes, having dessert, yes (couldn't say no to dessert, my wife and the girl together made an apple pie from scratch) and taking in 3 alcohol units in one day as opposed to, you know, none.

When I say "alcohol units" I do mean real alcohol units. I assume the Bloody Mary we had at brunch yesterday had one shot in it, and not two. One before dinner Heineken and a small glass of wine - not one large drink of wine in one large glass. I believe I will go without for the rest of the week.

Fortunately for me, they do not have a scale for weighing myself here, and if they do, I would prefer not to know about it.

Temperature: 55°
Distance: 4.35 miles
Avg Pace: 7.51

Perfect day, down by the river. No complaints, not in my feet, my hips, my back or knees. Yes, I will keep these fine shoes. Thanks, Under Armour!

2005 Playlist
Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz ft. De La Soul
Bound Too Long (HyperMix) - The Crystal Method
We Both Go Down Together - The Decemberists
Dirty Harry - Gorillaz
Marvo Ging - The Chemical Brothers
Surface to Air - The Chemical Brothers
Natural Born Lover - Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings

That run was damn inspiring ... except for the one about rape and suicide. Thanks, Colin Meloy, you fucking weirdo.

For a long while, it felt like the annual playlists would never end. Suddenly there are only ten to go.

No comments: