Wednesday, April 01, 2015

We are accidents waiting to happen.

"Rosalynde." Because this.
We return to writing. Rose earlier this morning, as it should be. The great hibernation is through. It is the old new year (April 1!) and though I feel unsure, there should be new beginnings. Yesterday, decisions were made to mark the next year, which gives focus and urgency to this year.

Yes, it's all very vague. Sorry. More later. For now I am fighting a certain dull ennui which comes with the highs and lows of closing one show and opening another. I will miss The Globe (two more private shows at two public high schools, today and tomorrow) and I am very excited about all the good press Rosalynde is getting.

Temperature: 37°
Distance: 3.35 miles

Ah-ha. This morning, not just my left ankle, but my left hip was a little sore. Trying not to run myself down, but also wish to choose the dates I do not run, like tomorrow when I need to leave the house at seven.

Wait. It's supposed to be like summer tomorrow. I'll make it happen.

Baseline:178.5 lbs.
Today: 167.5 lbs. (+0.5)
Goal: 170 lbs.
Ideal: 165 lbs.

What will happen when I have a heart attack on a run? Will I fall on the sidewalk, or in the street? Will anyone pull over to assist? Will I die there, or make my way to someone's front door? Will it be an abandoned house?

One thing that has changed since my childhood, I will not be found by an adolescent paperboy.

2003 Playlist
Ignition (Remix) - R. Kelly
New Killer Star - David Bowie
Such Great Heights (173 bpm) - The Postal Service
Mosquito - The Mosquitos
All Wrong (167 bpm) - Kaada
House Party Time - Dan Zanes and his Friends
There There (The Boney King of Nowhere) - Radiohead
Peace and Love - Fountains of Wayne

Who has R. Kelly and Dan Zanes on the same playlist? I am so sorry.

No comments: