Friday, April 10, 2015

I believe in waiting out the weather.

To run or not to. It is seventy degrees before dawn. It is also blowing crazily, and every now and then it rains. A lot. However, the birds are singing. I will take that as a sign. I would take anything as a sign.

Temperature: 67°
Distance: 3.38 miles
Avg Pace: 8.06
Climate: muggy

Win. No rain, the humidity of Cleveland is upon us. Directing some free, outdoor Shakespeare this summer, I wonder what surprising weather we will get hit with.

Auditions are tonight, come join us.

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 165 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 170 lbs.
Ideal: 165 lbs.

Very tired this morning, hard to get to bed before eleven when there's no one to remind you what time it is. At least it was time well spent, editing, writing, folding laundry.

Once I started running, however, in the cool pre-dawn breeze, I felt good, I felt strong and light. I wonder if I have another long race in me. I don't see why not. One more before fifty? Making plans.

2010 Playlist
Super Bass - Nicki Minaj
Blow - Ke$ha
Derezzed - Daft Punk
Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) - Shakira ft. Freshlyground
Rocketeer - Far East Movement
Cynthia - Millionyoung
Home - Glasser
Drunk Girls - LCD Soundsystem

Two Thousand Ten, the year the girl discovered pop music. Last night we had our final bedtime phone call before Con drives her home this afternoon.

When she said "Hi, Daddy," she sounded like that little girl. By the time we said good-bye her voice had relaxed, it sounded deeper, more confident. When she said "Good-night, Daddy," she was a teenager.

No comments: