Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Talking like a jerk.

2006 - 2015
Seasons used to change, that's how we would put it. Watch the seasons change. Today seasons rip into each other, the new seasons laying waste to the previous season and taking down a lot of tree branches in a process, or making your pipes burst. (Not ours, fortunately, but those of several people we know.)

Yesterday I walked up the street to the grocery store and it was bright and sunny. When I stepped back out onto Euclid Avenue with my bags, it was pissing downright, sheets of rain sweeping down through downtown. These things happen, but rarely with such anger.

Temperature: 48°
Distance: 3.38 miles
Avg Pace: 7.52
Climate: breezy & cool

A few days without a three-miler, a bit hard going into the wind. But it was at my back all the way down Taylor Road. Feels good.

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 160 lbs.
Goal: 160 lbs.

Oh, uh ... I'm sorry. That wasn't supposed to happen. Seriously, I need to manage my diet better.

Sunday Alcohol Units: 1.0
Monday Alcohol Units: -0-

Playlist: LCD Soundsystem Radio on Spotify.

Yes, I have gone there. And they are correct, I will never pay for music again.

Today was the first day I used the new phone exclusively. For a couple weeks I have been using the old iPod and holding the phone, because I am lazy that way. I haven't figured out how to load music into my phone yet, and I am not sure I wish to. I guess I do not need to.

The strap pictured above is as old as the iPod itself, almost nine years old. Nine years on the road, I can't imagine how miles that is. It has been across the Atlantic, and at various points on its western shore. It has managed two marathons and several other races (admittedly not many of those.)

Now I have this big, heavy, stupid thing on my arm ... like my very first iPod strap, or carrying a Walkman. This to me is not progress.

But I do like the MapMyRun lady whispering in my ear. Ah, well.

No comments: