Saturday, April 18, 2015

A new era.

Cheese.
Today everyone has new running shoes. The girl and I have made a pact to work as a team, my wife and the boy have done the same. As a soccer player, now working on a regulation field, the girl has to sprint - a lot. She didn't think she would be prepared for the HB 5K tomorrow. I disagree, but who knows? She has a touch of asthma, and she is right to play it safe, not merely launching back into distance running without any training.

At the same time, my wife is dedicated to getting fit, and the boy needs this, too. I feel very good about our teams, and hope we can all keep to a kind of schedule during the late spring and into the summer.

Temperature: 70°
Distance: 1.8 miles
Climate: Warm!

Yesterday I was much more liberal about my diet. Overdid it a bit at dinner, we got carry out from a new local restaurant and it was all so good. I didn't need that second piece of fried chicken.

However, my wife did express concern that she smelled protein on my breath. That I have been digesting myself. Better to digest chicken.

I would like to get to 160 lbs. and stay around there. And that would be a healthy place for me to be.

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 164.5 lbs. (+2.0)
Final goal: 160 lbs.

No comments: