Saturday, August 01, 2015

The lowest ebb and the highest high.

Blue moon over the Big House.
Rising to an alarm clock, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, to get out and run. Friday night was a Blue Moon, the highest tide. The entire family stayed up to experience the springtide which peaked around 11:30 AM. No alarm was set for Saturday, I would sleep until whenever.

Even then, I sat and read before the fire, and did some writing. The mornings have been active, the afternoons less so. What if I turned that on its head?

Distance: 3.5 miles
Duration:  28:22
Avg Pace: 8:08
Route: Martin Point Run

Later morning run. Hotter, but also breezier. Many people out, walking dogs or just walking, Even some runners. Haven't seen many of those yet.

No headphones. Heavy breathing. Lobster boats working. The sound of oncoming trucks. People waving and saying hello. Birds, breezes. The water. Far off motorboats. My own feet striking the pavement.

Tomorrow I have sixteen miles scheduled. My experiences both running out 220 and also driving it myself yesterday make me wary of heading that way. Must plan ahead.

Temperature: 75°
Climate: bright and humid
Intake: none
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: no
Stretches: no

What's That Lyric?
I Remember California - R.E.M.

No comments: