Wednesday, March 15, 2023

If you should die while crossing the street

I really don't like the cold. Even briefly, just these few days below freezing. I feel uncomfortable, unmotivated, though not (fortunately) unwell. Just a brief dip into the 20s, it's not much of a winter. But I'm not crazy about it. 

Still got some new gear yesterday, new gloves and pants, ordered what I couldn't find in stores online.

Distance: 2.3 miles
Duration: 23:50
Pace:  10:20
Route: Horizon Loop (clockwise)
Temperature: 38°
Climate: bright & cool
Pavement: dry w/some patchy snow
Mood: tired
 
"Clockwise" for the Horizon Loop means I begin with a hill for about a quarter mile. Then it's downhill for the rest of the mile and then mostly flat. Today was the first day I have felt stiff and tired, but it's an evening run not a morning run, so there's your difference.

1979 Playlist
Tusk - Fleetwood Mac
There's a Moon in the Sky (Called the Moon) - The B'52's
Video Killed the Radio Star - The Buggles
The Number One Song In Heaven - Sparks
Rise - Herb Alpert

What was 1979? One snow day we made a disco in George's basement, and tried to get girls to come over. The end of elementary school. The family visited Norway. I started middle school, and that's where my troubles began.
 
Stretches: yes ... but not enough
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/oat cream, fresh fruit smoothie bowl w/mango, pineapple & blueberry, granola & honey
Coffee Break: latte w/oatmilk
Lunch: spinch pie & baba ganouj w/pita
Dinner: Lemon spinach & orzo soup w/chicken, Caesar salad & buttered bread 
Cocktail Hour: raspberry fizzy water

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 188.5 lbs. (+0.5)
Goal: 185 lbs.

We have leveled off at 188 pounds. This is what I weight, eating modestly and with regular exercise. I am hoping that, as the weather improves, I will be able to burn more calories I do not care to consume less than I am currently.

No comments: