Friday, March 31, 2023

Out there on the run again.

What have we learned? Not sure. Where do we go from here? That either. I need to take time between runs to rest and heal. Wednesday night I was not only feeling ill but my right knee was in great discomfort. I can run, I don't need to hurt.

I look forward to a drink now and then, but I will attempt not to have one too often. Not every night. I have been enjoying myself the past week, on vacation, eating what I choose to, but not everything that is offered to me.

Not much more to say other than what has already been said. I jump started my running regimen. I made it through the month. Looking forward, never back. Right?

Distance: 3.25 miles
Duration: 31:32
Pace: 9:42
Route: Boulevard Loop
Temperature: 53° 
Climate: damp & windy
Pavement: wet
Mood: good

However, there is this. I have been very productive this month. Like, extra productive. Doing the things I tell myself I "should" be doing that I usually console myself about. How much of that relates to this period of abstinence?
 
2016 Playlist
Restless - New Order
Go! - M83 ft. Mai Lan
Rebel Heart - The Shelters
Ex's and Oh's - Ellie King
Run Sister Run - Cass McCombs
Voice In My Head - Bob Mould
Move - Saint Motel
FloriDada - Animal Collective

What was 2016? The end of the beginning. The death of father. The Secret Adversary. Hamilton. The NBA Finals, and that incredible parade. Cleveland as the center of everything, until the World Series defeat, and the election that followed. My children aged twenty years that night.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/oatmilk, mango strudel
Lunch: mango lassi, pasta & mushroom meat sauce
Snack: flavored popcorn (1C.), fizzy water
Dinner: mac & cheese (1C) & broccoli w/butter & lemon 

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 184.5 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 180 lbs.

Went on vacay, didn't load up on calories. Good news.

No comments: