Tuesday, March 07, 2023

I didn't take no shortcuts.

One week into March Mildness! Seven days without alcohol, seven days watching what I eat, seven days of exercise. I am going to wait before taking a day off. A day off is fine, it is earned. Maybe tomorrow.

This is also when things can go off the rails. I mean, things can always go off the rails. Last night I had a root beer with my meal of popcorn. 

Monday is five dollar movie night at the Cedar Lee, we saw Kazuo Ishiguro's film Living. I want Bill Nighy and Aimee Lou Wood to do a road picture.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 32:57
Pace: 10:37
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 34°
Climate: sunny & cold
Pavement: damp
Mood: good

I did not think that was going to go well ... but it did! Keep up those positive spirits, it will help. Dressed for cold and it was the right call. The windbreaker would have been chilly, and that would have slowed me down. Nice sweaty run!

2000 Playlist
Outer Bongolia - Stereolab *
Dirty Trip - AIR
Music - Madonna
The Tower That Ate People - Peter Gabriel
Bohemian Like You - The Dandy Warhols
Barely Legal - The Strokes *
Renegades of Funk - Rage Against the Machine

What was 2000? It was a year I spent way too much money. I directed Lysistrata, Toni premiered Angst:84. We took a three week road trip, and I got to see Graceland. Things were good. We had no idea.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/oatmilk cream, raisin bran w/fresh strawberries, banana & soy milk
Lunch: parmesan pasta w/roasted root vegetables
Snack: apple
Dinner: chicken pad thai
Happy Hour: orange juice

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 187.5 lbs. (-1.5)
Goal: 185 lbs.

No comments: