Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Ignite my energy.

One disappointment yesterday, a play we had tickets to see was canceled due to illness. Still, long day of touring, much of it spent at the Museum of African American History. We took in quite a bit and still I know my wife and I could have been there all day.

The current temporary exhibit is on Afrofuturism, and included one of Janelle Monáe's "Archandroid" costumes. inspired in part by the robot from Metropolis. It all comes together, doesn't it?

The day also included books shopping on the Wharf, and a water taxi back to Alexandria. I was chilly all day, but not miserably so. It's been a beautiful trip.  

Distance: 2.25 miles
Duration: 22:32
Pace: 10:01
Route: Commonwealth Triangle
Temperature: 48°
Climate: sunny & bright!
Mood: very nice

Three mornings, three runs. Success! What a lovely route. I would prefer crossing fewer streets, but at least the folks in Va. yield to pedestrians.

1977 Playlist
Serpentine Fire - Earth, Wine & Fire
Sonic Reducer- Dead Boys
All Around the World - The Jam
Deacon Blues - Steely Dan
Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowza, Yowza, Yowza) - Chic

More cherry blossoms.
What was 1977?
 The year of my global awareness. I began listening to the radio, and noticing contemporary music. Star Wars and Saturday Night Live -- I still have the vinyl.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec. (2x)
Water: yes

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, assorted Chinese leftovers, banana
Coffee Break: earl grey tea w/honey
Lunch: sausage roll, latte
Car beverage: day-old cherry Coke Zero 
Dinner: cheese curd, crab dip on toast, fried haddock, fries, slaw

I have decided I am not lactose averse.

No comments: