Wednesday, March 01, 2023

March Mildness


We're trying something new, something radical. It has been a challenging season. Not terrible, I know terrible, it has not been terrible. But it slouches towards malaise. And poor health. Bingeing junk food. Drinking, not to excess, just consistently. And little no exercise.

Some do the "Dry January" thing, which I cannot get on board with. I respect a New Year's resolution, I have even made them. But January is a month made for drinking, and I will not compromise that.

Others "give up" things for Lent, and that is also very nice. Occasional, considered, voluntary abstinence can lead one to appreciate the world and one's place in it. But I never know when Lent begins, much less when it ends.

So, I arbitrarily decided March would be the month I do something exceptional, to see how it makes me feel. This month I will run no fewer than six days a week, and I will abstain from the consumption of alcohol and "additional food" which I qualify as snacks or desserts.
 
The wife has called it "March Mildness." She does have a way with words.

Here you go!
Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 33:35
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 40°
Climate: bright & sunny
Pavement: wet
Mood: dedicated

If every morning were as beautiful as this morning, this would be a breeze. I have to prepare myself for hardship.
 
2001 Playlist
19-2000 (Soulchild Remix) - Gorillaz
In the Waiting Line - Zero 7 ft. Sophie Baker
Crescendolls - Daft Punk
Because We Can - Fatboy Slim
Star 69 - Fatboy Slim
Start the Commotion - Wiseguys
Samba Da Bencao - Bebel Gilberto
One More Time - Daft Punk

What was 2001? I mean.
 
Breakfast: coffee w/cream, carrot, frosted mini wheats w/soy
Lunch: spicy tuna roll, Cherry Coke Zero
Happy Hour: Earl Grey w/honey & almond cream
Dinner: kale stir fry w/tofu & rice, fizzy water

First time having lunch together in the conference room the rest of the staff in three years. And yes, I had to pass on ice cream cake.
 
Stretches: yes
Abdominals: 90 sec.
Water: yes

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 195 lbs.
Goal: 190 lbs.

No comments: