Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I'm on the road and it's so nice to meet you.

When I think back on all the crap I ate during rehearsal period, it's a wonder I can move at all.

Temperature: 39°
Distance: 3.25 miles

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 178 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Half a pound is a start. It's also within the margin of error. Yesterday for lunch I had a salad with dried cranberries, mozzarella and Italian dressing. For dinner, we went out. I had a chicken Caesar. It was a big salad, but not unreasonably so - we weren't at Applebee's, it didn't have bacon on it.

When I was hungry I gored myself on a stick of celery, an apple. And I think that's the point. I avoided cookies, I didn't have anything from the bread basket at dinner, nor anything to drink than water ... half a pound, less. Not more. And that is the direction I hope to continue going.

1984 Playlist
Walk Through the Fire - Peter Gabriel
You're the Wish You Were I Had - XTC
Day After Day - Thompson Twins
Axel F - Harold Faltermeyer
Cue Fanfare - Prefab Sprout
Wish (The Lads Were Here) - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Stay - Little Mix - The Blue Nile
The Only Flame In Town - Elvis Costello ft. Darryl Hall
All You Pretty Girls (167 bpm) - XTC
Harborcoat (157 bpm) - R.E.M.

No comments: