Tuesday, March 17, 2015

To win the race.

The temperature dips again. The air tastes like snow coming in. Brisk run in the cool, March air. At least it is not raining. Can't be thankful enough for clear, dry pavement.

Yesterday I returned to the scene of the crime - yardwork. The backyard remains a battleground since there was a backhoe parked in it. Brush to be cleared, gravel and large stones to be exhumed. It is a mass of wet, hard earth which must be carefully brought back to life. Only, hopefully, this time, without damaging me and further in the process.

Temperature: 39°
Distance: 5.15 miles

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 175 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Thank you, St. Patrick! Yes, one-half pound a day, for a week, is too steep a drop. But I made myself a promise ... if I can see 175 pounds, then I can have one tasty, high-calorie, alcoholic beverage. And just in time, too. Tonight we are meeting friends for something of a tradition, St. Patrick's Day at Brennan's. If we can get a table.

Now, if I can only take it easy on the corned beef. Wish me "luck".

1990 Playlist
Birdhouse In Your Soul - They Might Be Giants
Freedom 90 - George Michael
Tom's Diner - DNA ft. Suzanne Vega
Can't Stop This Feeling I Got - Prince
Don't Fence Me In * - David Byrne
Too Darn Hot *  - Erasure
So Hard - Pet Shop Boys
Pure - Lightning Seeds
Hippychick - Soho
Everybody Everybody - Black Box
Hello, I Love You - The Cure

No comments: