Tuesday, March 31, 2015

What you've been running away from your whole life.

The effects of daily running are becoming evident. The past two days, my left ankle has felt hinkey when first walking down the stairs in the morning. It goes away, but it suggests I need more rest.

Speaking of which, I have been sleeping extremely well for a few weeks now. Just, head hits the pillow and I am out until she brings me coffee in the morning. I am thankful for that. Not sure if it is the running, the diet ... or the absence of stress. Getting the tour on its feet took quite a bit out of me.

April begins tomorrow, and I have a new resolution (because I have done such a terrible job with my original New Year's resolutions). I was working on one thing in time for an April 27 reading, but now I have a different plan, one which involves writing every day ... something I am sad to say I have not been doing, pretty much since I hurt my back. Time that used to be used letting my mind wander first thing in the morning have been devoted to twenty minutes of ritualistic stretching.

This has been the "new normal". I would like to create a newer one.

Temperature: 41°
Distance: 3.35 miles

For two days solid I have successfully gotten the boy out of bed, exhorted him to drink a glass of water, and exercise for ten minutes. This is not the totality of my plan, but it is a promising start.

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 167 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.
Ideal: 165 lbs.

Twenty-two runs in the month of March. That is a personal best.

2002 Playlist
Work It - Missy Elliott
Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby (Rae & Christian Remix) - Dinah Washington
I'm The Man Who Loves You - Wilco
The Man Comes Around - Johnny Cash
Let's Go Again - Télépopmusik
Six Feet Under (Photek Remix) - Thomas Newman
Shelf Wobbler - Mr. Scruff

I need a glass of water.

No comments: