Sunday, March 22, 2015

So just get off of your ass.

Really wish it were warmer today.

The wife will be out of town all week for a writing retreat. Back in the day when she would go out of town, I would be kind of stuck here, with children in the house, not able to take a run. Now that they are older that is not a problem, they can safely look after themselves for a half-hour or so. However, it does mean waking one of them up to tell them I will be out for a little bit.

Temperature: 23°
Distance: 3.25 miles

Frigid air and light snowflakes can be bracing, but today it made me weary. Nonetheless, the music was very inspiring. I feel strong, I feel good. Yesterday, I passed on the opportunity to eat pizza twice. Dinner was a polite portion of whole wheat spaghetti with a few homemade meatballs.

Thinking about the Third Marathon. I have ideas. None of them include Cleveland.

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 173.5 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Yesterday afternoon, the boy and I had a frank conversation about weight gain. This has been a hard winter for him, tearing a muscle, and spending weeks in a wheelchair and then on crutches. He's gained at least five pounds.

His habit has been to either lie around and read, use a screen, or eat something. Getting him to choose any other activity takes major effort. Then I remember we have a Wii Fit, if he were to move for a half hour - especially on a morning like this - and make that a habit, that would be a good place to start.

He is rejoining his soccer team this spring, and baseball clinics begin this week!

1995 Playlist
Here Comes the Hotstepper - Ini Kamoze
All Mixed Up - 311
Wonderwall (173 bpm) - Oasis
Statue of Liberty - Joe Jackson
We Prick You (160 bpm) - David Bowie
Mama Told Me Not To Come - The Wolfgang Press
I Saw The Light - The The

No comments: