Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sometimes my head hurts and sometimes my stomach hurts.

Ay, Caesar ... but not gone.
With daily running, certain complaints return. My right big toe bends in, I can correct that with a toe separator and massage, pulling it back into place, basically. It is a self-conscious effort, keeping my feet pointed forward, not splayed out at all, as I run.

Also, the string in my right thigh is really irritating, the run was great but during the mid-afternoon I was limping a bit.

Yesterday I noticed my right eye hurt, the eyelid, actually. Today it is noticeably swollen. I was at the doctor a week ago, I am not interested in going back. But, ah well, I don't think I have a choice. The wife suggests it may be a plugged tear duct, my eye looks entirely clear.

Temperature: 36°
Distance: 3.25 miles

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 176 lbs. (+0.5)
Goal: 170 lbs.

With yesterday's surprise decrease, today's slight bump only means I have still lost a neat average of one half-pound per day.This should not come as a surprise, my intake yesterday was modest and appropriate, but definitely greater than the day before.

Last night I made a beef and onion stir fry that the kids totally loved, but the portions were generous. I have been trying to measure everything, not merely because I am obsessive compulsive but because all of our bowls are different sizes, I simply cannot eyeball an appropriate serving.

Eyeballs.

1988 Playlist
Beat of Love - Voice of the Beehive
Happy Families - XTC
Rattled - Traveling Wilburys
Balloon Man - Robyn Hitchcock
Party For Your Right To Fight - Public Enemy
Lake Shore Driving (162 bpm) - Duran Duran
I'm An Adult Now - The Pursuit of Happiness
Reptile (157 bpm) - The Church

No comments: