Tuesday, March 10, 2015

You run for cover so discreet.


Yes, this is why we are supposed to have a physical every year, and not every five years. Yes, my last physical exam was in 2010.

I am overweight, I knew that. What I was surprised to learn is I am possibly borderline diabetic. My blood sugar level is just below where "borderline" starts, whatever that means.

I should find out what that means.

I have three months to cut the sugar and drop my weight by ten pounds, and check again.

So there you go. I have to get below 170 by June. Doctor's orders. Gotta happen.

Then I got another rejection message from a publishing house. It was a happy Monday.

Temperature:43°
Distance: 3.25 miles
Baseline Weight: 178.5 lbs.
Goal Weight: 170 lbs.

Deceptive pavement. When the sun is shining ice can melt even a few degrees below freezing. When it is overcast, like today, a thin layer of snow melt can send you into a snowbank. Or the street. Or just cause a nasty pull in your hamstring. None of these things happened to me today. So it's a good day already, right? 

1983 Playlist
Beatbox (Diversion One) - The Art of Noise
One Thing Leads to Another - The Fixx
Power and the Passion (154 bpm) - Midnight Oil
Add It Up (184 bpm) - Violent Femmes
Song For a Future Generation (152 bpm) - The B-52's
Bad Boys (12" Remix) - Wham! UK
Walking In Your Footsteps - The Police

No comments: