Thursday, March 12, 2015

You're running at a different speed.

The wife made granola! That is awesome. It's almost like cheating, that stuff is so expensive, at least if you are purchasing granola that is any good, devoid of additives and, I don't know, chocolate chips or marshmallows something like that. When you look at it, it's what? Toasted oats with spices and dried fruit and nuts.

My mother, the hippie, started making granola in the 1970s. Just kidding, she's not a hippie, but she was always attuned to food trends. She made her own yogurt starting in the 70s, and granola. When stir fry became thing we had that, like, once a week.

Mmmn. Granola and yogurt. Mmn.

Temperature: 34°
Distance: 3.25 miles

It was much easier to diet when I was young and single. If I became neurotic enough, I could just not eat. I turned it into a mental exercise, I could focus on being hungry as just this thing I was going through, and remember that in a few moments it would pass, and think of something else.

Yesterday, as the day before, I was made keenly aware of all of the stuff I would just pick up and put in my mouth between meals. I had to return to the rehearsal space to pick something up and saw all the left over snack food from the process. There was this unopened bag of pretzels rods, there's no way that would have remained unopened on any other Wednesday. But today, there they remain, untouched.

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 177.5 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Oh, how is the running? Running is good. Pavement is dry for the most part, I have a mildly pulled hamstring in my right thigh, have done for a week or so now. So that's no fun. Eating less makes me a bit winded, but then not freezing to death has it's pleasures.

The playlist moves into my young adult years, all music gives me memories, some much less pleasant than others. Lately I have worked to concentrate on the good ones.

1985 Playlist
This Is Not America (The Falcon and The Snowman) - Pat Metheny ft. David Bowie
Addicted To Love (Extended Version) - Robert Palmer
Some Like It Hot - The Power Station
Singapore - Tom Waits
Stay Up Late - Talking Heads
Shout (12" Version) - Tears For Fear

No comments: