Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Two foots racing.

Ghosts of 1997
How is life without a wife? The girl and I were discussing that yesterday, the days are longer. Much, much longer. I am shocked it is only Wednesday. The kids are more vocal about how much they miss her, but they understand why she had to take this journey. She's getting a lot work done, good work, and I am so proud of her.

Temperature: 41°
Distance: 3.25 miles

Now, dammit. Twenty degrees warmer should feel warmer. But I bless the rains that fall in Cleveland Heights. I am lighter and I can feel it. Breathing is easier, striding is easier. If only this string in my right thigh would not sing all day long. Doesn't bother me when I run, only when I walk.

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 171 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.

I did not eat three meals yesterday. I had four. Breakfast, lunch, a modest dinner before we headed out for the tour performance, and another after we returned. I am of the belief that what I am not eating is what is making the difference. What I am eating includes whole grains, not too much, more good protein and far more fruits and vegetables.

Look, the day I went in for my physical, a little over two weeks ago, on the drive there I knocked off almost an entire can of Pringles. This is what I am talking about.

1997 Playlist
How Bizarre - OMC
Water From a Vine Leaf - William Orbit
Absurd (Landslide Mix) - Fluke
Miss Modular - Stereolab
Busy Child - The Crystal Method
Good Shit - Cornershop

I have a dearth of good running music released in the years 1999 and 2000. Why is that? Sure, the year 1999 gave us Moby's Play album, and Everything But the Girl's Temperamental, the following year Radiohead's Kid A ... but then what? Suggestions welcome.

No comments: