Thursday, March 26, 2015

Walk away from what gets you down.

33" waist. New pants.
 One warm, freshly baked cookie, by itself, is a treat and not to be denied.

This is the thing. Since 2008-09 I was able to keep my weight within a reasonable range. Mid-160s, not exactly svelte but healthy for someone with my frame. During 2010, I was fighting depression and began a series of anti-depressants. I became less depressed, though not exactly "happy."

I didn't write, I didn't run (in 2011 I ran almost half my annual average) and I gained about fifteen pounds. Going off medication I found other ways to work though my emotions, and in 2012 I ran another marathon. Training took that fifteen pounds off ... but by the end of the year I had put them back on and just kept them.

The issue at hand is how best to attain and maintain my healthy weight. The kids are being very patient with the introduction of whole grains into our diet (sometimes I make the white stuff just for them - bread, rice) and the girl has even helpfully expressed a taste for whole wheat pasta, though the boy is not having it.

Everything in moderation. We had dinner at my folks house last night, my dad offered me a beer. A gift? I will accept that gift. I hadn't had any alcohol since last Thursday. That's moderate, isn't it?

It is downright abstemious.

Temperature: 37°
Distance: 3.35 miles
Climate: Rain!

Just used Map My Run for the first time, and found out my baseline run is actually longer than I always thought. Sorry, Stephani. It's still not even.

Actually, it's 3.36. So give me a little credit.

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 170 lbs.
Goal: 170 lbs.

1998 Playlist
Closing Time - Semisonic
Starwayze - back 2 earth
Better? - Propellerheads
Strength - Sister Soleil
The Rockafeller Skank - Fatboy Slim
Kelly Watch The Stars - AIR


Sometimes your starting tune just shows up on The Current, and you have to use it to start your run. And there's this:

No comments: