Saturday, March 14, 2015

Show your stuff or let it be.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend.
 Have you noticed? The running is now happening.

The newer, cranberry clown shoes, the ones with the treads, are not holding up as well as my green ones have. They are beginning to crack and split on the top. They are made of some material which is less forgiving than the others, which is odd because other than the treads they are virtually identical.

Temperature: 48°
Distance: 5.15 miles

Brisk, wet day. Sidewalks mostly clear, though there were some major puddles to deal with. Again, my back issues mean I run upright - the way they always say you should - with my feet striking the pavement mid-step. We turn our weaknesses into strengths.

Baseline: 178.5 lbs.
Today: 175.5 lbs. (-1.5)
Goal: 170 lbs.

The sinus opening strips are very effective, and do make my head feel clear. However, I need to remember to bring a tissue on cooler days like this, my nose was like a drainpipe.

1987 Playlist
Wishing Well - Terrence Trent D'Arby
Good Times (157 bpm) - INXS ft. Jimmy Barnes
Leave Me Alone - Michael Jackson
Never Let Me Down Again (Split Mix) - Depeche Mode
Zydeco Gris Gris - Beausoleil
I.O.U. (181 bpm) - The Replacements
Bad - Michael Jackson
Calling All Nations  - INXS
Diamonds - Herb Alpert ft. Janet Jackson
Finest Worksong (178 bpm) - R.E.M.

Okay, now that is an awesome running playlist. Thank you, 1987 ... for everything.

No comments: