Thursday, August 13, 2015

Eyes on fire.

Michael Rennie was ILL.
The world turns, the days get shorter, we now have what is called good sleeping weather. Morning runs are no longer deathly sweat festivals. At the same time, feeling overheated and gross is a great motivator in getting one out of bed. Days like these are made for the snooze bar.

How have I lived so long without knowing Walnut Wednesday is a thing? It is around the corner from my office. Josh suggested we have lunch their yesterday, the weather was perfect and so was the Cuban sandwich. When did the Cuban become a thing? Who are all these young people? Where am I?

Yesterday the wife took the girl and two of her best friends to Cedar Point. She has a winter birthday and had asked for a summer amusement park adventure. Apparently few roller coasters intimidate her anymore. The boy and I continued his pop culture education by taking in The Day The Earth Stood Still, which you should know is currently available on Netflix.

A man named "Carpenter" comes back from the dead to tell mankind to be peaceful. Hmn.
"... We created a race of robots. Their function is to patrol the planets -- in space ships like this one -- and preserve the peace. In matters of aggression we have given them absolute power over us." - Klaatu (The Day the Earth Stood Still)
I see. You know, last month the boy and I watched The Terminator together. The boy didn't pick up on the irony, or if he did he didn't say anything.

Distance: 5 miles
Duration: 37:53
Avg Pace: 7:34
Route: Boulevard Loop

Back to the fast run. Need to pick up the pace, in general. The past month with all the beautiful vistas and also hills have encouraged me to just chug along. Yesterday I started slow and picked p as I went along but today I started fast and stayed there.

Must remember to always keep my back straight. I sprinted at the end and realized I had been leaning forward, I felt it in my spine.

Temperature: 64°
Climate: cool
Weight: 157.5 lbs.
Intake: none
Hydration: yes
Stretches: yes

What's That Lyric?
Blow Me (One Last Kiss) - Pink

No comments: