Saturday, August 29, 2015

This American life.

Back to school days.
Clickbait sure is a thing. I fell for one the other day: Should You Wear Sunglasses While Running?

Why did I click on that? Did I think I was going to learn anything? The answer (yes, duh, thank you) was followed by bits of information like "UV protective lenses protect you from UV rays" and "You won't squint so much!"

I received one in my Inbox the other day titles Five Myths About Running. They may have been interesting to someone who doesn't run, but, uh, that doesn't describe me very well.

FYI - You will not lose a lot of weight as a result of running. No shit. Where do ..? Who thinks ..? Ucch. Nevermind.

Distance: 6 miles
Duration: 49:04
Avg Pace: 8:10
Route: Cain Park Loop

Using toe separators on both feet now. Some nights when I lie down and my feet entirely relax I can feel the aching in my metatarsals.

Temperature: 79°
Climate: bright and hot
Weight: 158 lbs.
Intake: fruit yogurt & granola
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: yes
Stretches: yes

This American Life #562: The Problem We All Live With (part one)

Trying podcasts now. Doesn't affect my pace very much. Perfect back-to-school episode. Thinking I may use podcasts for the long run tomorrow.

No comments: