Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I can't help it if I want to run back to you.

Old Marshall Crenshaw is old.
Running every day, staying on top of laundry has become a thing. When we returned from vacation it seemed like our hamper was an bottomless bread bowl of dirty things to be washed, dried, folded and put away. Now there's just my things, soggy, limp, running things. After about an hour, they smell, so it is vitally important to keep them circulating.

Tiny wash loads.

This morning I pulled out my red shorts, which I do not regularly wear. Red shorts, black shirt, red runner's helmet (bandana). The wife commended me for my color-coordination. It is a shame I do not have red running socks.

I would wash these items by hand, but I always fail to get the stink out.

Distance: 6 miles
Duration: 48:09
Avg Pace: 8:01
Route: Cain Park Loop

Seventy-three degrees at dawn. Summer's not over yet.

Thank you, Marshall Crenshaw playlist. Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello, Alex Chilton, The Smithereens, The Squeeze ... all those songs that make me feel so horribly, horrible aged.

Temperature: 73°
Climate: overcast and muggy
Weight: 158 lbs.
Intake: yogurt & granola
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: no*
Stretches: no
Upper Body: 90 reps

* The water fountain at the tennis courts in Cain Park is missing. It was off its base and leaking last time, perhaps it is being repaired, but I don't expect to see it again before Spring.

Know what? Stretching, not stretching, No difference.

What's That Lyric?
Run Back To You - Marshall Crenshaw 

No comments: