Sunday, August 23, 2015

My heart in overdrive.

"This is the way America was supposed to be."
(long-time resident observing our block party)
Yesterday was the annual block party and it was the stuff of legend. So many neighbors pulling together to make a special day on our street. There's been a lot of nonsense going on recently, stuff going missing from garages, one of the still vacant houses getting broken into. It makes a difference to come together as a neighborhood, to play and dance together.

When you are inside your home you can wonder what is going on outside, and create unhappy pictures. When everyone spills out into the street you know just all the great people who surround you and are looking out for you, and you for them.

The kids head off for a week with the outlaws in Athens this afternoon. They get a few more days. I declare this summer officially closed.



DJ Crazy Legs got every tshirt and shoe-size up and doing Thriller! #pottervillageBlockParty2015
Posted by Adaora Nzelibe Schmiedl on Saturday, August 22, 2015

Distance: 10 miles
Duration: 1:20:12
Avg Pace: 8:00
Route: Forest Hills-Lakeview-University Circle Loop

Week Ten Total: 32 miles
Training To Date: 308 miles

Late start. Sat up with friends until midnight enjoying our new deck, I had a lie-in waking up every few minutes to think, really? Ten miles, really?

And a beautiful ten miles it was.  The view over the lake in Forest Hills I could see leaves at the very top of one tree beginning to turn. All over campus there were runners. I ran (tiny steps) all the way up Mayfield out of Little Italy.

I hadn't even mapped it. I just knew where to go to get me back home in the precise distance. Hit the ten mile mark two driveways from my house.

My beautiful house.

Podrunner: Finish Line (160 bpm)

Temperature: 79°
Climate: glorious
Weight: 156.5 lbs.
Intake: banana
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: yes
Stretches: no

No comments: