Saturday, August 15, 2015

Straight into my arms you will run.

My right Achilles tendon has been tight the past several days. I have been giving it special attention before runs, but still some mornings I hobble a bit getting down the stairs.

Things have been largely issue-free during this training session, I do not feel terribly taxed. For the most part runs are enjoyable and positive, or I have that selective memory thing going on again.

If I do have that selective memory thing going on again, it's only for running because this entire year I have been beset with constant and terrible memories of every bad thing I have ever done to anyone.

Distance: 5 miles
Duration: 38:38
Avg Pace: 7:43
Route: Boulevard Loop

Today we are listening to the President's Spotify Summer Playlist Vol 1. - Side Two, Summer Night. I know it is day right now, but it is nighttime in my head. Besides, I am saving the day time playlist for tomorrow's long haul. It's a trip, it's got a funky beat, and I can bug out to it.

The morning was a casual one, the kind you have on Saturdays. I wrote a story, my wife read me a story, she went out to run while I got ready. The kids sleep in. It is still summer but it's been hard for me to remember that this week.

When it is ten degrees and they still haven't fixed the sidewalks on Monticello, I will remember.

Temperature: 75°
Climate: not too hot, very pleasant
Weight: 157.5 lbs.
Intake: yogurt & granola
Hydration: yes
Water Stop: no
Stretches: yes

The wife just booked my flight using our frequent flyer miles. First class, baby. Not sure I have ever flown first class before. Not so important heading out, but it will feel so very good coming back.

What's That Lyric?
Moondance - Van Morrison

No comments: