Saturday, February 18, 2017

I'm running underground.

Thigh pain persists, a burning sensation deep in my right thigh. It is an affliction I generally associate with the winter, and with being off my regimen. Yet I have been exercising most days. This bout began yesterday afternoon, and continued even after my hard evening run. I went to sleep with this feeling, and also woke with it.

This is not meralgia paresthetica, the condition I developed fifteen years ago. That would be on the outside of my leg. Rather, self-diagnosis suggests this is greater trochanteric pain syndrome, which relates to minor tears in the nearby muscles, but perhaps I should ask a doctor.

However, whenever I ask a doctor about conditions like these, the general advice is to take an anti-inflammatory. This is something I have neglected to do.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:07
Duration: 26:25
Route: Forest Hill Loop

Fewer clothes, dry, safe pavement. We pick up knees, we run, we fly.

Pavement: dry
Temperature: 66°
Climate: clear blue skies
Mood: tired

End of a Saturday work day run, before we go out for the evening. Feeling drained. leg pain, running every day just to keep up. Glad I went out. The breeze was a bit strong heading out, but it was all at my back heading home.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 166.5 lbs. (+1.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

I should eat only vegetables tonight.

1998 Playlist
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
Rock Is Dead - Marilyn Manson
Rolling - Soul Coughing
Cascades of Colour - Ananda Project
Sexy Boy (Live) - AIR
Jump Jive An' Wail - Brian Setzer Orchestra
Mezzanine - Massive Attack

No comments: