Friday, February 10, 2017

We always end up in a rut.

Anniversaries. We bought the Hamilton cast recording a year ago yesterday (iTunes keeps track of these things) around that time we had the new fireplace installed. The tour opened on Mom's birthday, and then my father died.

No time is the good time for the death of one of your parents. February is a uniquely bad time for it to happen.

Cold today, didn't wish to run, but my right hip hurts. Sitting yesterday was a (literal) pain. Have to keep moving, no matter what.

Distance: 1.75 miles
Avg. Pace: 8:08
Duration: 14:18
Route: Two times around the block.

Kept close to the house, almost took off for the forest, but it's too cold. Taking the boy to work today, busy busy business.

Pavement: snowy
Temperature: 16°
Climate: cold
Mood: driven

Lost eight pounds since New Year's. Slow and steady from here out.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 166 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

Another anniversary -- it was ten years ago in early February that I began creating playlists by year to interest and motivate me to run in sub-freezing temps. The first was for 1983, which I generally regarded as the best year in popular music, ever. I have since changed my mind.

2010 Playlist
Compared to What? - John Legend & The Roots
On Melancholy Hill - Gorillaz
Dynamite - Taio Cruz
Something Good Can Work - Two Door Cinema Club

No comments: