Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Going backward.

Nineteen runs in February, tied for record set in 2012.

February 2017 Median Run Temperature: 41.6°
February 2012 Median Run Temperature: 35.2°

Granted, those are days I chose to run. Some days I intentionally chose not to because it was so cold, but that's true of both years.

Distance: 3.3 miles
Avg. Pace: 7:38
Duration: 25:12
Route: Forest Hill Loop

#resist
Late nights, this week we are watching When We Rise. Can't believe a series like this is on network TV. I remember the Red Hot + Blue controversy in 1990 when basic information on AIDS/HIV prevention and awareness was scrapped in lieu of biographical information on Cole Porter.

Pavement: wet
Temperature: 43°
Climate: sunny & cool
Mood: all right

Yesterday, I got several, sporadic, shooting pains in my right ankle after my run. The first one almost made me fall over. Lasted about an hour, then they were gone.

Last night I grimaced briefly as this stabbing pain momentarily afflicted my left foot. The wife asked what was wrong, I described it just as I did now. She looked concerned. I said, "Don't you get those? Just occasional, stabbing pains?"

"No," she said, looking at me as though I were disturbed. "No, I don't."

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 164 lbs. (+1.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

1983 Playlist
Everything Counts - Depeche Mode
Human Alchemy - XTC
Power and the Passion * - Midnight Oil
Moon 83 * - The B-52's
Coconut Champagne (Live) - Maynard Ferguson
Trommeltanz (Din Daa Daa) - George Kranz

No comments: