Sunday, February 05, 2017

I've got a habit and it's all mine.

Best year in popular music, hands down.
Miserable few days, very, very cold and I could feel it, deep in my muscles. Little time available to run, less interest. I have been driving forward since New Year's but the past few days, just ugh.

There are those times when I simply do not wish to run. I know that is hard to believe.

Distance: 5 miles
Route: Forest Hill/Boulevard Loop
Pavement: clogged with snow
Temperature: 41°
Climate: nice
Mood: whatever

Perfect day to go long. I have time, the weather is not unpleasant. Shame about the sidewalks; my knees have been acting up this week. Perhaps it's the cold. I don't have serious knee issues (one operation almost ten years ago notwithstanding) though I have for brief periods of time been given to debilitating pain,

There was a week, perhaps, twenty-five year ago (yikes) in February or March, 1992 when I used a cane for a few days, one or the other of my knees hurt so terribly. Seriously, a cane. It was either than or lean on everything to get around. Then the pain just went away. Weird.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 166.5 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

My mapping program turned itself off during the middle of the run, which is a shame, I was curious about the stats. But it was five miles. Five miles on a Sunday, all right.

1989 Playlist
Biting My Nails  - Renegade Soundwave
My Brave Face - Paul McCartney
Love Shack - The B-52's
The Cactus - 3rd Bass
I Want It All - Queen
Buddy [12" Remix] - De La Soul ft. Tribe Called Quest, Jungle Bros., Monie Love & Queen Latifah
Partyman -Prince
Sin (Long) - Nine Inch Nails
King For a Day (12" Version) - XTC

No comments: