Sunday, February 26, 2017

You've only had to run so far ... so good.

The past two days have been a physical mystery. It was in the seventies on Friday, but I was saddled with a sinus-piercing headache in the morning, and by night I was just weak, weak and tired. I do not know if it was the cumulative effect of moving the set a few times and running pretty much every day, or if I had caught some kind of bug.

Saturday morning, it was the same. Weak, tired, even after a fine night's sleep (a couple of them, to be honest) and a bit queasy after having a simple breakfast. Was I sick? No idea. But another day without running was necessary.

Distance: 3.3 miles
Avg. Pace: 7:54
Duration: 26:05
Route: Forest Hill Loop

Still feeling weak heading out, and yet being outside and moving through the cool air, it was impossible not to go fast. Just felt good. And such a beautiful, sunny day in the park. Looking across the lagoon at the footbridges, hadn't noticed them from that angle before. Just a wonderful place to be.

Pavement: wet
Temperature: 30°
Climate: sunshine
Mood: leaning in

Snowed last night, the morning sun had already melted what was left on the sidewalks.

Baseline: 174 lbs.
Today: 164 lbs. (-1.5)
Goal: 165 lbs.
Ideal: 160 lbs.

Not sure when I can trust the scale. Some mornings it says 167.5, others 162. Changed the battery a week ago. So I try it now and then while I am in the bathrrom until it makes sense.

1982 Playlist
Wham Rap [Social Mix] - Wham!
Jukebox (Don't Put Another Dime) - The Flirts
Jason and the Argonauts - XTC
Pressure - Billy Joel
Lysistrata - Utopia
My Own Way - Duran Duran

No comments: